Scopes, spotting scopes, binoculars and range finders

Discussion in 'FAQ - Your Hunting/Shooting Answer Is Here' started by ADMIN, Mar 7, 2008.

1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

If you find a broken or inoperative like please let us know. If you have a link you'd like to have added, please let us know.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2009
  2. Alfred Crouch

Alfred Crouch Well-Known Member

Missed Kowa. They make some good spotting scopes.

3. marinetowgunner

marinetowgunner Well-Known Member

No love for Vortex or Meopta?

4. Seanny scopeeye

Seanny scopeeye New Member

Meopta should be up there as well.

5. big mike 2121

big mike 2121 Well-Known Member

What? no Zeiss??

6. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean....

7. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

S&B link is no good...take one to a non existant page

8. Double D

Double D New Member

I am new here, came on to pick up a little knowledge. I have a Mcmillan game scout on order should be heret soon. It will go on a custom Montana stainless L/H barreled action with a 26" fluted barrel in .264 win. Probably every one is wondering why not a 26 nosler, but I have messed with lots of different 6.5 rounds up to the 6.5 x 300 wby. A good accurate .264 loaded properly isn't all that far behind the 26 and I have years of experience with the round. I want a long range rig that is light enough to pack on my back up a hill.
    My next problem is finding a scope that isn't to heavy but will give me some long range options. Hope there might be some good suggestions here.

9. Qrachel

Qrachel Active Member

Add link to Vortex

10. r7s

r7s Member

11. huntintoo

huntintoo Member

This maybe the wrong place to ask but I have a question? I have a Custom .338 Edge I mounted a Vortex Viper and shot about 125 rounds sighting it in and finding a load. Used it mostly for Target punching but got some Berger Hunting 300 Grain Hybrids and was excited to try them.
    Got an Antelope tag and shot 9 aggravating rounds and missed every time. Last 2 shot were under 200 yards. Got mad and went to put the rifle back in the truck and and the front nut fell off the ring mount. Loose Scope!!
    O.K. long story for the problem! Is the a recommended torque (in/lbs) that I should be using. Or even Lock tight?

Thanks for bearing with me!