scope

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by screech, Feb 18, 2007.

1. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I know this has been beat to living death and normally I always suggest a Night force. But being I am not going to pack this gun around or use it in low light situations nor shoot big game animals with it much I dont know if I need a Night force. It is going to go on a 6.5x284 and I will use it for long range chucking and practicing off a bench most likely or a bipod.I have heard good things about the super snipers and wonder if there is any other cheap scopes that are as good. I would want quite a bit of elevation adjustment and power. thanks

2. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Well-Known Member

Take a look at Sightrons offerings.
    They have a number of long range scopes in different configurations. Good glass and reasonably priced.
    I have 2 SIIs in the $300-450 range that I like.

3. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Screech,

Look at the 4.5-15x50 Zeiss Conquest.

Around $600 if you shop right and they have great moa adjustment... like around 60 to 68 I think

4. screech

do they track right? thanks

5. screech

thanks sendero man but I was hoping for more magnifacation

6. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

screech- I dont know if you like Leupold or not, but I like the vx2, 6-18x40 w/fine duplex and target turrets. These scopes have worked good for what I want them for. There about $450 and I think there one of the best LR scopes under $500. For magnification, optics, etc.. I think its a great deal.

7. screech

remington 25-06,

DO you're knobs click on your leupolds. I dont know if I have just dealt with the crappy ones or if they were all crap. I havent used there target turret models but I have used the vx1,2,and 3 and they were all total crap. Are the ones with target turrets better. I know lots of people love them but all I have ever seen was crap from leupold.

8. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Zeiss Conquest makes one bigger, but u lose lots of moa adjustment....

Buy another NF.... you can't take $$ with ya when you die... besides being wealthy is highly over-rated !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. screech

ya, I know i cant take it with me but I also simply dont have the cash to get another night force right now. weather is warming up and i want to get it set up before the chucks start poping up. I was looking at up to 500. I know this wont get me much. Every one like there super snipers. I was pondering on getting one of them in either a 20x or 16x?

10. stxhunter

stxhunter Well-Known Member

you might try ebay ive got some good deals on scopes there as well as other stuff

11. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

screech, yes the 6-18's do "click". TO be honest, I've had 1 problem with mine over about 5 years. I clicked up to a 600yard shot then back down to 100 yards. Well my scope was still set around 600 cuz I shot wayyyyy high on the coyote. However, thats 1 time out of hundreds, maybe a thousand times of clicking up and down. You sound like you've had 1 two many problems with leupolds before, haha. ANyways, I think there decent scopes for magnification and there intended purpose for under $500. I've used mine out to 1K with no special bases or anything, so theres enough MOA to 1K with relatively flat shooting calibers. I thought the only scopes that didn't click were the new vx1, and the old vx2 didn't click. However, anything with turrents on leupold, they do "click".

12. screech

thanks 06. I guess I will give them another look.