scope weight & rings and bases

luger306

Do you take the weight of the scope in to consideration when installing rings and bases?The reason I ask when sighting in my rifle (30-06)I found that the windage screws on the bases (leupold 2 piece)had striped the ring bases.The scope weighs 29.5ozso I am thinking thinking of going with nightforce base(1 piece)and rings

Do you take the weight of the scope in to consideration when installing rings and bases?The reason I ask when sighting in my rifle (30-06)I found that the windage screws on the bases (leupold 2 piece)had striped the ring bases.The scope weighs 29.5ozso I am thinking thinking of going with nightforce base(1 piece)and rings

Nightforce rings and bases are certainly top notch as are "Seekins rings anbd bases and are worthy of consideration

Welcome to Seekins Precision

luger306,
I don't usually take that into consideration but I do try to match the scope with the rifle. I have had trouble with those same type of bases also. Mine were Redfield and one of the windage screws sheared off during load development.
Not trying to steer you away from the NF or Seekins but check out this site. I saw an article about these today in an "On Target" magazine. These are the newest Weaver Tactical rings and they retail for $34.49. That's a pretty good price compared to some of the other rings/mounts that say "Tactical". Check it out. JohnnyK.

Weaver Mounts - Tactical

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.