Scope types

buckaroo324

I'm thinking of buying a 204 ruger and just wanted to get advice on a scope to put on it for mainly longdistance predator hunting.Distance I would like to shoot is 300+yards.

My dedicated intermediate range, intermediate weight coyote rig is a 700 26" #6 tapered Shilen 6mm AI, and i have the Burris 4-12x Mini on top with Ballistic Plex reticle, that gets me to 700 yds. to the reticle's lower post tip. I like that optic, but if i had my pick i'd probably get the 3-9x PFI 22 Long Rifle Rapid Reticle and just recompute the trajectory to reticle fit. I love that optic for it's excellent windage system of reference, and compactness which would be perfect on this walking coyote rig. This is not a beginner's reticle system tho when adapting it for another trajectory other than what it was designed for.

One thing Chad told me that Pride/Fowler (Rapid Reticle) is doing on their new scopes is listing the different stadias" 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.., instead of 100, 200, 300, etc.
That will make it easier to set the optic up differently for you cartridge/sight-in needs.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts