scope to bore height measuring

is there a tool or easy method to measuring this for drop data collection?

Not That I know of.

Most scopes are 1 1/2" off the bore. With the 30+mm scope tubes it can be 2".

You can come close to the measurement by taking a ruler and resting it on the top of
the stock at the barrel center line and even with the objective lens and look at the center of the
lens to get an approximate dimension.

This method will get you very close.

J E CUSTOM

On a Remington 700, I usually take my caliber, and stick one end in the pressure relief hole, and then measure wtih the other end up to the half-way point of the scope tube, which is usually where the top & bottom of the scope rings meet. Then I just come up with an average. Like JE said, usually around 1.5" is what I go with on all my calculations because it's the closest average to all mine.

But it's pretty simple to measure if you have a Remington 700, once you know that quick-trick. :D

I use calipers to measure from the top of the objective to the opposite side of the barrel. I then subtract half the diameter of the objective and half the diameter of the barrel. This will give you a precise measurement.
For what it's worth, my 6.5x47 Lapua takes 23.4 minutes to get to 1000 yards with the scope height set at 1.65 inches in Shooter. When I change the setting to 2 inches, it gives me 23.3 minutes at 1000. So it really doesn't matter...

I use calipers to measure from the top of the objective to the opposite side of the barrel. I then subtract half the diameter of the objective and half the diameter of the barrel. This will give you a precise measurement.
For what it's worth, my 6.5x47 Lapua takes 23.4 minutes to get to 1000 yards with the scope height set at 1.65 inches in Shooter. When I change the setting to 2 inches, it gives me 23.3 minutes at 1000. So it really doesn't matter...

Exactly right.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.