Scope Suggestions

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by justgoto, Jul 24, 2009.

1. justgoto

justgoto Well-Known Member

I bought an Bushnell Elite 3200 a week ago and sent it back after it went bad on the 20th shot. Everything about the scope was satisfactory for my 30-30 except the lifespan.

So I have been trying to find a scope or sights that will get me further than my stock iron sights have, (400 yards,) and I really have no idea how good any of the scopes are, and I don't have any clue as to what most of the sights even are.

I was thinking that $200 would get me a halfway functional scope but I am hoping $300 is going to do the trick now.

Does anyone know of a durable scope for $300 or less?

EDIT

And I would like it to have a 1" tube so I can use the new scope mounts I bought for it.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  2. justgoto

Weaver Grand Slam?

I would rather have the mil dots and the large dials but I'm not finding them.

3. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

Toughest for that price? I'd say a fixed Super Sniper.

4. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

If you want a variable power look at the Nikon buckmasters you should be able to find the 6-18x for 300 or less. It's tough to beat in a variable power in that price range.

5. baldhunter

baldhunter Well-Known Member

I wouldn't judge all Bushnell Elites by one bad scope.All brands of scopes can fail,some more than others.I have two 4200's and two 3200's and they have been holding up well on a 300WSM,7mag and two 270Win. rifles.I think they track well,have great clarity and hold zero as good as anything in their price range.I also have a Zeiss Conquest and I really cannot say it's any better than the Elites.

6. lever-hed

lever-hed Well-Known Member

Burris Fullfield II- or similar - this is a solid scope, it holds up well, has great glass, and will take a pounding, I’ve had mine for a year on a sporter class rifle that I get a lot of use out of,, actually over winter I was working at the range and had the Burris FF II, and it was low light, sun had been down for a while and the dark was beginning to cut any kind of range vision, but looking thru the Burris was like looking thru a tunnel of light, I swear the light collecting ability on this thing was excellent, I could still see bullet holes at 200.

The Bushnell 3200 should also be good too, I’m not sure what went wrong, but I know 99.5 times out of 100 that scope is rock solid. Maybe if they would have replaced it I don’t think youda had a problem from there.. but Iknow what you mean, once it goes bad, you cant get the bad taste from your mouth.

Check out Zeiss Conquest also, may run you a few extra bucks but it’s a good scope for the price.. also heard good things on the Sightron SII.. http://swfa.com/Sightron-SII-Riflescopes-C175.aspx

Good luck

7. justgoto

When my refund check gets here I will just buy another 3200. I am not finding any information that lends me to believe $100 more is going to buy me durability.

I hope it was a fluke. :/

8. fireroad

fireroad Well-Known Member

For $350 a nikon Monarch 4-16x42SF has clearer glass and a lifetime warranty and a great reputation on this forum. Are they as tough as Luepold? Few scopes are, but I would be willing to bet they are much tougher than the 3200.

9. justgoto

I just got done ordering the same scope. Everywhere I look that scope is doing wonderful things for it's owners.

*crosses fingers*