Scope rings???

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by captnmo, Jun 12, 2009.

1. captnmo

captnmo Member

Hello,
    Kind of a newbie here. I just bought a pair of Burris XTRs for a Falcon Menace scope to mount on an AR-10. I've heard that even these rings will allow the scope to slip a little so I'm wondering if I ought to get some ring inserts and if that will help? And if so, what do you all recommend?
    I plan of doing more benchrest, precision shooting gun) rather than off-hand, rapid fire. So I won't be blasting away without taking time to aim.

Thanks!

2. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

I could be wrong here (and someone will correct me if I am), but I don't think you can put Inserts in the XTRs. AT least not the ones I have. If you are having or think you'll have issues lap the rings and you should get more contact.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009

3. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

If you have a picatinny (weaver style) type base, the Burris Signature Zee rings are the ones that have the inserts-They work great . I have used them for a long time and have never had a slippage problem.
    If the Burris rings you currently have, did not have inserts with them to begin with you cannot use inserts with them.