Scope rings???

captnmo

Hello,
Kind of a newbie here. I just bought a pair of Burris XTRs for a Falcon Menace scope to mount on an AR-10. I've heard that even these rings will allow the scope to slip a little so I'm wondering if I ought to get some ring inserts and if that will help? And if so, what do you all recommend?
I plan of doing more benchrest, precision shooting gun) rather than off-hand, rapid fire. So I won't be blasting away without taking time to aim.

Thanks!

I could be wrong here (and someone will correct me if I am), but I don't think you can put Inserts in the XTRs. AT least not the ones I have. If you are having or think you'll have issues lap the rings and you should get more contact.

Last edited:
If you have a picatinny (weaver style) type base, the Burris Signature Zee rings are the ones that have the inserts-They work great . I have used them for a long time and have never had a slippage problem.
If the Burris rings you currently have, did not have inserts with them to begin with you cannot use inserts with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.