Scope rings for narrow dovetail

specweldtom

I have a thread on the gunsmithing forum on this subject, also. Am looking for a supplier for rings to fit the narrow dovetail on a Romanian .22 lr. The top of the rail measures .330" edge to edge. The standard rimfire dovetail measures ~.420" edge to edge.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Thanks mt, but this thing is only about 8.2mm edge to edge. Never have seen anything this narrow. I'll check out CZ tho, just in case.

Thanks for idea, Tom

I ran into the same problem with an old 1960 something JC Higgins Model 29, has an extremely narrow dovetail, and trying to modify a standard scope ring left the scope offset to the side. Disappointing to say the least.
Went through Midway's catalog, ordered a set of 11 mm rings(they have several listed and 11 mm is the standard for European rimfire and airguns), may still have to modify those. Will let you know how it goes.
They do not have these listed on thier website, only in the catalog.

Last edited:
B-Square makes a two piece picatinny to 11mm dovetail adaptor, midway has them for $25. Kinda steep, but really good quality. I just got them for my dad's ruger airhawk sumtineranother to mount and old tasco for his squirrel decimation master plan.

Leapers offers some as well, but the quality ain't so good...IMHO. Good luck with the project.

SB

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.