scope reticle adjustments

jla956

I recently purchased a SWFA SS-HD 5-20x50 (MRAD) FFP scope and was getting ready to install it on my rifle. Prior to doing so I was running the windage and elevation stops to get the cross-hairs centered, and now I have a question.

This particular scope should have 30 mils of total adjustment. However, when I ran the vertical (elevation) it had a total of 40.3 mils of adjustment while the horizontal (windage) only had 20.5 mils of adjustment. Any ideas as to why both the vertical and horizontal adjustments are off?

Personally I could care less about only having 20 mils of windage because I will end up using the reticle mils for any windage holds. As much as I would like to have 40+ mils of elevation adjustment (no need for a 20 moa base on my .308) I just want to make sure that there isn't something wrong with the scope if it's actually supposed to have a set 30 mils of travel both vertically and horizontally.

By the way, the glass on this scope is fantastic and I really look forward to putting it to use. Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.