Scope recomendations please

James Jones

I'm going to be getting a new scope for the muzzelloader this year to help with the longershots and the lower light these are the ones I have narrowed it down to

Burris Fullfield II 3.5-10 x50mm

Nikon Monarch 3.3-10 x44mm

Weaver grandslam 3.5-10 x50mm

Nikon Buckmaster 4-12 x50mm

I'm not wanting to spend more than $350 and I figured that these have a good following but I have not had the chance to look through anyof them yet to compair , i generaly won't buy a scope without doing a side by side compairison but I'm to tied up with work to do alot of running around and compairing so I'm turing to you guys for help

Thanks for any advice or comments

Honestly there all good scopes, I'm really digging the new Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 SF. But would probably go with the Burris with the B-Plex on a ML. That reticle would work very well from a ML.

Between the scopes mentioned, I would recommend either the Nikon Monarch or the Weaver Grand Slam. I really like the Weaver optically, but don't really care for it cosmetically. I don't like the big rubber power ring. The Nikon Monarch is a great scope and really tough to beat it for the money.

I haven't had the chance to look at these scopes side by side to make a compairison that i alway do when buying a new scope that I'm not sure about so if anybody has made any compairisons could you tell me which of the group is the brightest and clearest.
Again this scope will be going on a muzzel loader that won't be shot past 200yds but will be used in low light and in dense woods

JDJONES: Night Force makes a cool little variable 2.5 - 10 that is awesome. The internal components, such as the springs, errector tube and its overall build are Very High Quality, the click value is exactly as stated and it will HOLD IT'S ZERO. There are also different reticles available to choose from.

your right and its a scope I'd love to have but its about $600 out of my price range

I have a couple Simmons Aetechs laying around I may end up just using one of those

Nikon is developing a rep for fragility among ppl I hunt and talk hunting with. The rumor is plastic internal components can't hang after a few years.

This is what I'm getting from bearbasin.com:

Euro Diamond Scopes

Don't Forget, Free Land Mark 8X 32 Binoculars With Your Euro Diamond Riflescope!

Description

Order No.

Price

1.5-6x40mm (30mm Tube) Matte 3P#4 Posi-Lk

BUR200960

$419.

I looked through a similar Fujinon I bought for a muzzleloader last summer. Great glass, but I cannot vouch for adjustments b/c it didn't have the HVD I wanted.

NRA AM is April 25 to 27 at Indy.

If you can make that you can look through and try the adjustments of about any scope around to help you decide.

Got a Hawke awhile back. Big in Europe and just getting started Stateside. Liked it so much I got several more. Had an issue with one and their product service is the TOPS. All their scopes are rated to mount on anything. No issue with recoil in any direction backed by lifetime guarantee. Love the SR Pro reticule and free ballistic program.:)

I look at a lifetime guarantee by any manufacturer as believing in his product.

Am slowly upgrading to LR scopes for dim light and dark backgrounds. I think you would be well served to look for LR in whatever you are laying out skins for.

IMHO at 200 yds if you have to choose between LR and AO take the LR.

Had years of good service from Burris.

You really need to look through and fiddle with the adjustments to see what feels and looks natural to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts