Scope power magnifiers

paphil

Recently hunted with some friends who used a slip on extra lens on the back of their scopes to increase the power of the scope. Anyone else using these and what effect do they have on MOA or Mil dot marks on the reticle ?

i was checking these out a while ago and talked with the guy that was the man at, "bullseye pro" i think it was called. i don't have one, but he guaranteed me the reticle markings would all be the same. it basically just makes the image larger. again, that is what he told me, not my findings. how do your friends like theirs? are they as clear with the booster on as when it's off?

They liked them real well. One of their scopes was threaded and the extra lens screwed right on to the scope. I think it made a 30X out of a 20X.

I think ya all are talkin about the Bulz Eye 2 and 3x magnifiers originally marketed by Gunsmith Gene Davis. l bought one in 3x about 4 yrs ago and tried it on two competition scopes: a Leupold 36 and a Weaver 36. What I found was that it worked fine at 200 but from there out the image was poor and I could not see scoring rings. Returned it to Mr. Davis and got a refund. The new ones may be improved.

Maybe they work better on a hunting scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.