Scope Mount Help - Cooper M92

treillw

I'm planning on mounting a March 3-24x52 on a Cooper Model 92. Ideally I'd like to have an anti-cant in the top scope ring. I would like the ring setup to be as light as possible.

I've done a bunch of searching around the internet and wasn't able to find anybody who makes an anti-cant for Talley rings. Anybody know if they exist? Would the 2 bolt nightforce cap screw into the talley rings?

I also thought about putting a picatinny rail on the gun and using lightweight nightforce or similar rings with anti-cant in the cap. That would potentially allow me to switch the scope to another rifle without scratching the scope up from different ring locations in the future. The downfall to this is that it adds a lot more weight to the rifle. The only rail that I have found that fits the M92 is made by Farrell Industries and weighs 9 oz plus rings, compared to 2 oz for talleys.

Another thought I had was to take the Warne bases that come with the rifle and machine the slots out a little wider so I could use picatinny style rings on them. Cooper told me that they have had people do this in the past. I don't like that it wouldn't be the same slot spacing as a standard pic rail though for future scope changes.

Talleys and an anti-cant mounted on to the scope tube would also work, but I don't really like the way it looks - extra big and clunky junk on the gun and the levels that hang off the side get caught on everything.

Suggestions? Thanks!

What did you end up doing? I have a model 92 and just picked up a VX-6 3-18x50.

I ended up going with the warne bases that come with the gun and nightforce low rings with the top ring anticant. No complaints so far, but I haven't shot it a ton. I mounted a March 3-24x52 on it. Ejected shells do hit the windage turret occasionally, but it hasn't caused me any trouble yet. All the shooting I've done so far has been for groups and I'm catching the ejected shell after each shot, so it doesn't get dirty. We'll see if it causes any problems if I let them fly as I shoot it more.

I use medium Talley ring-bases on my Cooper52/March 2.5x25x52 It is a light weight, reliable system. It also gives the rifle a very clean, uncluttered appearance. I have a Holland scope level, mounted in front of the front ring with has excellent visibility.

Check out Hawkins Precision. They make a ring simular to Talley with a level built in. And they are solid. Really well machined

I'm digging the Hawkins rings so far. Light, strong, built in anti-cant level and there is room betwwen the scope and action for me to wrap my hand while carrying. I hate rails...

7EE80549-4395-4494-94EA-19310CEC9346.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.