scope level ? which one

fisherman983

I need a level for my scope and im looking for something low profile, accurate and light. don't want something big and bulky. will be going on a sightron sIII. sometimes I carry my rifle in a backpack scabbard so It needs to be somewhat low profile and not snag on anything. was looking at the vortex? whats your guys opinions.

I need a level for my scope and im looking for something low profile, accurate and light. don't want something big and bulky. will be going on a sightron sIII. sometimes I carry my rifle in a backpack scabbard so It needs to be somewhat low profile and not snag on anything. was looking at the vortex? whats your guys opinions.

I bought some of the Vortex this last year because it was what I could find on short notice. I like it, and it fits your expectations.

Steve

Maybe you can give Tyler Kemp a private message. He makes a 3D printed one that weighs 4/10 of an ounce for my 34mm scope. A 1" should be even lighter. I think he charges about $30. He's coming out with an aluminum one also. I have no more info than that.

I like the Vortex ones. I they fit nicely in front of the turrets. This allows them to be easily visible right above the paralex knob on the left side. They gather a lot
of light there and are easily visible. They also have a high end buble level in them that is very precise.

I have two of the Vortex levels on two different rifles. I don't think you can go wrong. Mine don't snag in my Eberlestock pack either.

I have three Vortex levels, for 35$ they are the obvious choice for me. One thing I noticed on low scope rings and one piece rails is, there is not much turning of the level to adjust it. I used a good chainsaw flat file, and some 1000 grit emory cloth to mill some of the bottom ring away to give me more clearance. I buffed it up with the emory cloth and used a Birchwood Casey gloss black touch up paint pen, and you can't even see where I did it...

IMG_8955_zpswiuydyxf.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.