Scope is 2" over center line of Bore?

Iron Worker

270WSM shooting 110 V-max 3400 FPS hunting for coyotes this coming weekend. Trajectory tables are for scopes 1.5" over the center line of bore. Mine is 2" What changes in computations of trajectory will this make?

At 500 yards you will be off by 0.4 MOA or 2 inches. The rifle will shoot high. You will be off by less, the closer the coyote is.

If you want I can email you a spreadsheet that you input all your data too and scope hieght and it will tell you your inches of drop, MOA or MIL holds.

Tom

Just email me or private message me your email address and i will be happy to send it. Will even call you to discuss it if you would like. It took a lot of work to get it all together but has not failed me yet.

If you have a mobile phone with office mobile on it this spreadsheet will work on your phone. I have a Moto Q9C and use it on that. Ballistics calculator on phone.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.