scope help.

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by hoovertx4, May 1, 2012.

1. hoovertx4

hoovertx4 Active Member

I have a chance to pick this scope up for a decent price, do any of you have any experience with it, if so how did you like it and would you recomend it.
    Zeiss 3-12x56 Conquest 30mm Rifle Scope

2. hoovertx4

hoovertx4 Active Member

anyone?

3. reeldawg

reeldawg Well-Known Member

They are very good in low light and have great glass

4. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

As a rule of thumb, the bigger the hole the more light comes in........:)

5. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

In my experience, the 56mm ain't much good on a big critter huntin' gun, gets in the way. great for a p-dog shooter though, depending on the reticle.

6. sendero72

sendero72 Well-Known Member

Zeiss is excellent glass. If the price is "right" I'd buy it. You can always trade it for something that better suits your needs later on.

7. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

...Sort of like looking over the hood of a conventional Western Star with a big bug deflector.... You know that car in front of you thats stopped is close...... but you can't see it......:D

8. sendero72

sendero72 Well-Known Member

Been shooten my Nightforce 56mm for 14 yrs with no problems. It's all hand - eye coordination !!

9. bruce_ventura

bruce_ventura Well-Known Member

I little more info on your use would help. If you hunt big game at dusk and dawn, then this is a good scope for you. If you're a target shooter, then you would probably benefit from a smaller objective so that you have less turbulence blur.

10. hoovertx4

hoovertx4 Active Member

Im gonna be using it for hunting coyote in the mornings and evenings.

11. bruce_ventura

bruce_ventura Well-Known Member

IMHO, that Zeiss scope is better suited to deer hunting during first or last legal minutes of the day.

Out here in the California high desert we usually call coyotes in within 200 yds before taking a shot. Since they are sighted using the naked eye, we don't need particularly good glass to make the shot. If that's how you hunt coyotes, then that Zeiss scope is probably overkill for your application. That's not to say it's a bad choice, just unnecessary.