scope help

pressman

i am looking for a scope for my muzzleloader? i already own a NightForce for my long range gun and a IOR for my AR-15 but i really do not need anything this big for a 300 yard max range rig. LOW Light is a big deal. and i would like mil dots because i live in Indiana and most shot will be under 100 yards but our fields do reach 200-300 yards so with practice mid dots would make a quick shot of it.
I was thinking about a Zeiss Conquest with a z reticle but not sure how it would work? i know that if i played with the power that i might be able to get one really close to the bullet drop. I am shooting a pro Hunter. and right now i can shoot .5 group at 100 yards with 122.5 grains of black horn 209 and a barns spitfire 185 gr bullet. i will shoot it through the cono but right now i am thinking it will be 2100 to 2200 feet per second. not that i am cheap but i think i should get a scope that might work for around 500.00.
Does anyone have any thoughts or experience?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.