Scope help please

grinnergetter

Hi all, I have a Rem 700 in 300 wm and currently have a Kahles 2.5x10 scope mounted on it. Ive been seriously considering a full custom build but my stocker shoots 3/4 groups with handloads at 200 yards.

So I'm thinking that before i jump in i might want to upgrade my optics and see just how good i can get the 300 to shoot. I killed a moose at 415yds with this gun and rather than holding high i would rather turn knobs and know exactly where it is going.Obviously.

I'm considering the NF 3.5x15x50 and Badger mounts. What height rings and which bases would i want to go with that.

If I'm headed in the wrong direction please let me know. Thanks

I just mounted a leupold mark 4 6.5-20 x 50mm objective, 30mm tube, badger one piece 20moa cant base, with medium leupold mark 4 tactical rings. the scope height is perfect. I don't know if this will help you. The mark 4 rings seem ok. I kind of wonder though, maybe I should have just went badger all the way? The leupold rings were easier to get my hands on at the time( the badger were backordered) and they were a little cheaper too. Oh, the rifle was a 700 short action with a sendero contour barrel. Hope this helps.

I like your new scope choice but why not get it with the R2 recticle and not fool with turning knobs? I love mine! and I will suggest the NF aluminum/titainium rings. Rail your choice of maker mines a lawton but its on a lawton action also.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.