scope for 7mm

rryun

finally got my savage 111 fcns and need a scope. Looking for something to maximize its range but not overly priced for what the gun can handle. Read people think a zeiss is better than a leo kinda looking in that direction. nikon monarch is what i have been using just wondering if something tracks and hold better than others. 1000 for paper and 800 for hunting

finally got my savage 111 fcns and need a scope. Looking for something to maximize its range but not overly priced for what the gun can handle. Read people think a zeiss is better than a leo kinda looking in that direction. nikon monarch is what i have been using just wondering if something tracks and hold better than others. 1000 for paper and 800 for hunting

The Zeiss is fine but it has it's limitations when it comes to long range. Primarily with the lack of elevation adjustment. Optically, they are extremely hard to beat for the price. The Leupold's are solid, and they have more options for long range than the Zeiss. IMO Nikon's are OK, but there are better scopes for what you're doing in mechanical function and optical performance.

Check out the Vortex Viper line. The PST and the HS are both good scopes that were desinged for longer ranges.

I have been looking at the new Weaver tactical scopes. Good reviews, great bang for the buck! If you want the best priced quality scope, look at the SWFA SS. At $300, they bring a lot of performance to the table, but do have limitations (no variable power etc). I run one of these on my back up rifle, it tracks perfect and returns to zero every time, optics are great for the price range.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.