scope for 7mm

rryun

lookin at scopes for a 7mag. Would like a bdc style reticle or like a leopold with cds dials. Or if there is something similar that is better under a grand with 14 or better magnification. All in hopes to down a elk this fall

I have a Sako Grey Wolf 7MM on order and a Swarovski PH 4-16X50 AO with the 4A reticle waiting for it. The 4A reticle is very good in low light conditions for getting on target.

Is the Vortex a first focal plane scope? I see they have a parallax knob. I have first focal plane scopes, nightforce and leupold but I hear some say second focal plane is better for long range accuracy, more precise?

Why do people say that?

Thanks

I have only SFP scopes but that is false. maybe they are talking about things like the B&C reticle from Leupold and the Rapid Z reticles from Zeiss because those can be calibrated with magnification settings, but more accurate at long range it is not.

I have a 4.5-14x40mm LR Leupold on my 7mm, its a great scope for it. Has the Boone and Crockett Reticle so I can use that out to 550 yards or I can dial.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.