scope for 22 lr

dmax1800

I just got my Savage 22 lr fixed. It wouldn't kick out the empty and would jam the fresh round. It is OLD, like decades old, but it is REALLY accurate. It has a Weaver 4X on it now and is REALLY not clear compared to my Zeiss scope on my 300 win mag.

I'm looking to replace the old Weaver. I'll use the gun for target shooting and hunting. With a budget of $200 to $250, which scope would you put on the rifle?

Thanks.

For the money Muellers are great scopes. I have a 4.5-14 X 40 APT with a 30mm tube on my BTVLSS and love it.

Nikon Monarch. My 2-8X32 fits a .22 bolt action perfectly. For more of a target rifle the 3-12X40 with side focus would be great.

I get a Nikon Prostaff or a Vortex Diamondback for around 200.00 my Muellers stays in my dresser not on my rifle...

Can recommend the Nikons not got a Vortex but UK forums are starting to rate them they are quite rare over here but are expensive here same as most other things.
If we ship them in we get charged tax & no warranty

A favorite combo I have is a Rem.model 541 w/ 1"classic weaver 4 power scope. unbelievable accuracy.purchased from Natchez who sell a lot of refurbished weaver,nikon and burris scopes very reasonable.only negative is I hate the plastic magazine on 541 rem. my second squirrel/varmint outfit is a st.st.ruger 77 varmint in .22magnum which with federal30gr.vmax is just apleasure for sure.will try for a trophy black squirrel I saw deer huntin last month soon!

I just got my Savage 22 lr fixed. It wouldn't kick out the empty and would jam the fresh round. It is OLD, like decades old, but it is REALLY accurate. It has a Weaver 4X on it now and is REALLY not clear compared to my Zeiss scope on my 300 win mag.

I'm looking to replace the old Weaver. I'll use the gun for target shooting and hunting. With a budget of $200 to $250, which scope would you put on the rifle?

Thanks.
Leupold 2-7x33

Thanks.
I'd put a Leupold rim fire. Prefer the 3-9 but the 2-7 works excellently as well. Nice compact, clear scope!