Scope for 1000 yards

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by nate-lab, Mar 25, 2009.

1. nate-lab

nate-lab Well-Known Member

what scope would i need for shooting ang hunting 1000 yards with?

Thanks
    nate

2. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

There are a lot of scopes that can be recommend here are a few I really like

SCHMIDT & BENDER
    US Optics
    Nightforce (Best Bang for the Buck I feel)
    Leupold

3. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

what's your budget? how big and heavy can it be?

4. nate-lab

nate-lab Well-Known Member

most like $500 no more that $1000

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  5. bryceh12321

bryceh12321 Well-Known Member

I just ordered a Sightron SIII that should be here any day now. I think its a damn good price for such a scope. If you are going to buy one, get on Arcadian Sales. They have everyone else beat by about $100.00.

6. Rico Garza

Rico Garza Member

Before you just buy one from someplace you ought to shop it around. Scott Berish of Liberty Optics has some pretty good prices on his stuff and he just blew the doors off with a price on a zeiss that beat anyone else I talked to buy a couple of hundred bucks which is alot of coin. Looking at Arcadian's website though, their prices look very good. RG

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  7. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

For the price you are looking at I recommend Leupold or Zeiss.

Mike @ CSGW

8. cabelas90

cabelas90 Well-Known Member

Spend the extra money and get a Nightforce I know you good for it:D oh and wile your at it get me one:D

9. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Definitely spend it and get the extra power as well. I bought a nightforce from cs gunworks in 8-32 and it is superb.I think I like it almost as good as the s&b

10. NoBambi

NoBambi Member

Does anyone thinks the Huskamaw is a good scope for the money?
    I think they are around 1100 bucks

11. ELK STALKER

ELK STALKER New Member

I recently purchased the Huskemaw 5-20X50 blue diamond and love the scope. I zeroed the rifle at 200 yards and the turrets are set up out to 1025. Im shooting a factory rem 700 and it works great. If u also do a little homework with it you can shoot alot further. Last week I was hitting a 3x3 piece of plywood at 1250. The price tag is $1350. If your and outfitter or guide they give you a 25% discount. I hope this helps a little.

12. notajeep

notajeep Well-Known Member

Get whats been recommended, ensure it has 1/8" scope knobs. 1/4" adjustment at 100 yds is a few inches at that distance.

13. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure what notajeep means here?

My scope has 1/4 MOA adjustments and I need 108 clicks to get to 1,000 yds. So think about that if you want 1/8" adjustments. With 1/8" that is 216 clicks to count. :rolleyes:

joseph

14. notajeep

notajeep Well-Known Member

Well maybe I'm all AFU'ed here. I'm kinda new to this longer distance stuff myself. So in my experience I've dialed my scope and verified my reloads out to 700. So at 500 let's say the point of impact is .5" lower than desired. With my 1/4" scope adjustment knobs at that distance on click then moves my group lets say from memory here, but about .5" high. This is very minor, but we're after precision here right. So wouldn't a finer graduated scope in this situation be desired? Never had one, can't afford one, well just my personal experience here. I guess if you can't count to two hundred then you should zero your scope a bit further away.