Scope for 1000 yards

There are a lot of scopes that can be recommend here are a few I really like

SCHMIDT & BENDER
US Optics
Nightforce (Best Bang for the Buck I feel)
Leupold

I just ordered a Sightron SIII that should be here any day now. I think its a **** good price for such a scope. If you are going to buy one, get on Arcadian Sales. They have everyone else beat by about $100.00.

Before you just buy one from someplace you ought to shop it around. Scott Berish of Liberty Optics has some pretty good prices on his stuff and he just blew the doors off with a price on a zeiss that beat anyone else I talked to buy a couple of hundred bucks which is alot of coin. Looking at Arcadian's website though, their prices look very good. RG

Last edited:
Definitely spend it and get the extra power as well. I bought a nightforce from cs gunworks in 8-32 and it is superb.I think I like it almost as good as the s&b

I recently purchased the Huskemaw 5-20X50 blue diamond and love the scope. I zeroed the rifle at 200 yards and the turrets are set up out to 1025. Im shooting a factory rem 700 and it works great. If u also do a little homework with it you can shoot alot further. Last week I was hitting a 3x3 piece of plywood at 1250. The price tag is $1350. If your and outfitter or guide they give you a 25% discount. I hope this helps a little.

Get whats been recommended, ensure it has 1/8" scope knobs. 1/4" adjustment at 100 yds is a few inches at that distance.

I'm not quite sure what notajeep means here?

My scope has 1/4 MOA adjustments and I need 108 clicks to get to 1,000 yds. So think about that if you want 1/8" adjustments. With 1/8" that is 216 clicks to count. :rolleyes:

joseph

Well maybe I'm all AFU'ed here. I'm kinda new to this longer distance stuff myself. So in my experience I've dialed my scope and verified my reloads out to 700. So at 500 let's say the point of impact is .5" lower than desired. With my 1/4" scope adjustment knobs at that distance on click then moves my group lets say from memory here, but about .5" high. This is very minor, but we're after precision here right. So wouldn't a finer graduated scope in this situation be desired? Never had one, can't afford one, well just my personal experience here. I guess if you can't count to two hundred then you should zero your scope a bit further away.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.