Scope Fogging ?

edge

Are there any products that keep your scope clear in high humidity conditions?

When I hunt in rain or sleet conditions and have the scope open for more than a minute it gets to be so bad that I can't see clear enough to take a shot.

I have tried a few things, but nothing seems to work all that well.

thanks,

edge.

Outside of lens, not a defective scope issue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1. Rain-X makes an anti-fog for inside of winshields never tried it on a scope though. A glasses cleaner called Purple Stuff is a very good anti fog, never tried that on a scope either.

2. Keep your covers on untill you have a shot.

3. Toilet paper, a staple when out in the woods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(also saves you from cutting up your t-shirt) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. If all else fails your shirt sleeve.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Has anyone tried these or other products?

I use the Parker's when its so cold out you can't get your optics up to your eyes before they fog up.

It's not as clear as they make it out to be. You'll notice it while looking through binos and scopes but it is better than looking through fog.

I haven't tried the spit technique but I've heard that works well.

Thanks, I have to check it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

edge.

I used some stuff called "Scope Dope" in a little orange 'Carmex' jar. It worked pretty well, but I have not used it out in the cold. It would keep glasses/scopes from fogging up when you breathe on them in the house though. Gander Mountain used to carry this product.

Here's the link to Scope Dope $4.99 Scope Dope

They used to sell a product to do the same thing called "Cat Crap." With a name like that it had to be good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Just don't lick your fingers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.