Scope cover sizing help

Bigeclipse

I've been look at butler creek scope covers and I'm a bit confused about which size to buy and do not have a store nearby. If I use their chart, they say I need size 25-27 for the bell. I have a Leupold 3.5-10x40. When I actually measure the bell I get 1.84 which is the same size as a number 27. Do they recommend a 25 or 26 because maybe these slightly stretch and would provide a very snug fit so they don't fall off but also harder to install? For reference a number 26 is 1.82 in measurement. Thanks for any and all help!

Yes, they recommend the smaller size so they fit snug. Then they won't fall off, and also keep the water out.

I've been look at butler creek scope covers and I'm a bit confused about which size to buy and do not have a store nearby. If I use their chart, they say I need size 25-27 for the bell. I have a Leupold 3.5-10x40. When I actually measure the bell I get 1.84 which is the same size as a number 27. Do they recommend a 25 or 26 because maybe these slightly stretch and would provide a very snug fit so they don't fall off but also harder to install? For reference a number 26 is 1.82 in measurement. Thanks for any and all help!
What model Leupold is it? I have a scope cover chart, I can look it up.

According to my chart, if your scope is a VX-3, then you need a size 13 eye, and a size 26 Objective flip-up covers.

What model Leupold is it? I have a scope cover chart, I can look it up.

According to my chart, if your scope is a VX-3, then you need a size 13 eye, and a size 26 Objective flip-up covers.
That's exactly it and what I actually ordered. Thanks!

They are if you can get them for your size scope. They're also 4x the price, or more.
They will also last you a lifetime instead of breaking off every few years just when you need them.

After decades of replacing plastic flip up scope covers I gave up and have started slowly replacing all of them with the alumina's.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.