Scope advice requested: Nikon, Super Sniper, Leupold

couple points

1. $175 Badger bases for short budget is not good use of money. Second they are really tactical bases, not really needed on most hunting and LR rifles. Look good and allow you to say you have all the bells and whistle, but not needed for accurate strong system. Burris double dovetail bases with Burris signature rings are just as durable, strong and accurate and $125 cheaper and have up to 40 MOA built in by using the inserts.

2. stay with your 6.5-20 and at most have target turrets put on. go with standard turrets for now. they are cheaper and just as easy to use. IF you knew your exact drops Kenton Industries or Leu custom would make a custom set of turrets with ranges already marked for your target knobs, but can wait for now.

3. contact your local game warden and volunteer to become a hunter ed instructor with the state. They are always looking for instructors. Once you do that and have your instructor number you can buy leupolds direct from Leupold at 30% BELOW distributor. No one can beat that price.

4. Watch on the net for deals. I just bought a used Burris 6-18x with target dot and target knobs for $160.

BH

Charles,

Good to know.

BountyHunter,

I had been planning on getting the Burris Signature rings with inserts anyway after having run out of elevation shooting groundhogs this summer. Glad to see another endorsement for them. I don't know that I would want to get a set of turrets with specific drop information, I just play with different loads too much and swap things around alot, would feel like I was locking myself into something. Experimenting with new things is half the fun of this whole game for me. Very interesting info about the special Leupold deal for hunters education instructors. Thats quite the deal.

Thanks for your posts,
Carl

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.