Scirocco vs. Accubond for 7mm mag.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Spino, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Spino

Spino Well-Known Member

Would like to find out from experience which bullet has had greater success. I'm shooting a 7mm mag. Sako 75 Hunter.

2. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

Spino,
    I voted for the Scirocco based on accuracy results while working up loads. I just couldn't get the gilt edge accuracy from the Inaccuratebond that I did from the Swift.
    I will add that I did load some for a friends 7 mag and the best I got was between .5-.7". Not too bad but I like better. He shot his limit of whitetail bucks that year from less than 200yds and none left their tracks, he said. Johnny K.

3. keithcandler

keithcandler Well-Known Member

every barrel and gun is different. I got 3/4" out of the Swift 150g 7mm and 3/8" out of the 140g Accubond. The Swift bullets load up my SS bbl full of copper. I shot deer with both and both killed very well.

4. Spino

Spino Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Would like to find out from experience which bullet has had greater success. I'm shooting a 7mm mag. Sako 75 Hunter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for voting! I found my load for my 7mm mag today. I have been working with different loads for scirocco's, but couldn't get'em to group under an 1" (I'm picky).. Boy I followed some advice to try the accubonds and they clovered 3 shots on top of each other - probably measured under 1/4". Here's the recipe for my gun:

Winchester Brass, CCI Magnum 250 primers, Alliant RL-19 65.4gr., 140gr. accubonds.. Best of luck! I hunt South Texas...

Spino