Schneider P5 or Rock Creek 5R?

My next barrel, gonna have ta rebarrel shortly, will be the Schneider polygonal, I suppose that could be the P5 if they make one that will finish 30" and fluted.

If not it'll be a Pac Nor polygonal.

Rock Creek in every respect.
Cut rifled, radiused lands.

Schneider 'polygonal' is nothing but radiused lands. Or,, worn button.
Wouldn't surprise me from Schneider..

I am very happy with my Rock Creek. I have a 30" on my 338edge. It shoots better than me and broke in and cleans very easily. I have a pic of my 338edge with the barrel in the gun photos forum.
Bob

No Phorwath, Krieger and Borden are at the top of my list.
But I have never seen a bad report on Rock Creek barrels, and they're cut rifled(which should be rewarded).

I have seen personally, Schneider as incapable of getting a barrel order correct, and in demonstrating very poor professional standards and business ethics.
With this, I wouldn't stop to urinate on a Schneider(if it were free)..

So I vote RC

Ive had great results from Broughton 5C barrels, Krieger and Brux. and by the way Ill never by another Lilja.

Got a friend that built a custom with a Lilja, he could only get 3"-4" groups at 100, sent it back to Dan, and he didn't want to replace it. It was a huge hassle to get a new barrel. I won't ever own one.

thats pretty much my same story. he tried to blame it on every thing but his crappy barrel. replaced it with a Broughton and have 0 problems since. If thats how he runs his business i cant belive he is still in business.. on top of that he's real jerk too.

I'm a big fan of Harts, but I recently built a hunting rifle in 243-06 Imp. Light varmint, 8 twist finished at 26". The photo is one of my first groups at 100 with 105 A-max's and Ramshot Powder. I threw the 5th shot up, but it still went 1/2". The first 4 went in the .3's. Top two holes were a 105 Amax and 100 gr Sierra test. The 105 Amax would have dropped right in there if I shot at my previous group.

I've used Hart, Douglas, Shilen, Bartlein, Rock Creek and even an Adams & Benett. The Rock Creek is one of my top shooters in my hunting rifles.

Attachments

• DSCN0621.JPG
    DSCN0621.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 135
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.