Schneider Barrels

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by .338Fan, Nov 27, 2005.

1. .338Fan

.338Fan Member

I'm wondering has anyone out here used a Schneider Barrel and if so what do they think of it. I'm building a .264 this spring and was told about these barrels and now I'm wondering what others think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

2. EddieHarren

EddieHarren Well-Known Member

I used one of Garys bbls. ( 308 x 14 twist) on my IBS hunter gun to set 2 records. My wife used one of his 6mm x 14 twist bbls. to become the only woman to be IBS shooter of the year. The US Secret Service uses his bbls. on their JAR rifles as well as the M40. I have heard that the USMC uses his bbls. as well.

3. leslie naylor

leslie naylor Well-Known Member

338fan.I have a Schneider on a 300wm, shoots and cleans very well.

4. Chester Evans

Chester Evans Active Member

I have two in 308. Both Ploygonal 5R barrels. THey are tack drivers and they clean with one patch. I am about to order another one for a 6.5 SAUM.

5. .338Fan

.338Fan Member

Thanks guys for the feedback that's what I wanted to hear! After reading your responses I'm glad I'm going with a Schneider barrel for my new .264 Win Mag. Thanks Again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

Hey man !

I am using Schneider bbl on my .243 AI . It just about refuses to copper foul after the initial break-in, so cleaning is a simple chore.

Course the best part is that it shoots ragged one holers . I realize that the bbl is only one part of that equation , however ,if the bbl is not up to job it doesn't matter if all the rest is .

Bottom line for me is they are great bbls, even though my personal experience is limited I have looked at a lot of evidence from reputable sources that say the same.

Jim Brown

7. .338Fan

.338Fan Member

I like the easy cleaning that I'm hearing about so I need to ask about break in what did you fellows do for break in?

8. EddieHarren

EddieHarren Well-Known Member

Gary usually provides customers with his break in procedure.
    He states that the first five shots are the most critical, and that barrels usually stop fouling afterwards.

9. wilecoyote76

wilecoyote76 Member

Forgive me for being unedumicated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but does anyone have any additional info on Schneider barrels...a web address, links, etc?? or is this one of those "I'd tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya" instances? LOL

10. wapiti13

wapiti13 Well-Known Member

I didn't find a internet address, but ran down a phone number: (928) 474-2852. Gary Schneider, Schneider Barrels in Yuma, AZ. Try that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. wilecoyote76

wilecoyote76 Member

Thanks much wapiti13! Yuma, AZ of all places huh....

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Schneider barrels? Well...if they're good enough for David Tubb....that's enough said!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Unless he has moved just recently, Schneider Barrels is in Payson, AZ

14. silver83805

silver83805 New Member

I have two 270 Winchester and 375 H&H Magnum both tac drivers even a bad day print under 1 inch group a 100gun)