Schmidt Bender/USO

shortshooter

Will be aquiring an USO or S&B optic soon. In the S&B I'm interested in the 5.5x25 and in the USO the SN-3.

As the dollar is anemic an the Euro is mighty strong, where is best place to purchase an S&B PMII 5.5x25? Looking around they are going for $3400-3500+.

If I cannot find one for around $3000 I'll probably go with the USO and call it good and wish for the S&B.

I haven't seen a S&B 5-25 PM-II for more than $2800 US , I paid around $2400 for mine a few years ago.

I will say that the S&B is the very best glass I have ever looked through as far as a variable scopes , I have only ever been ablke to compair a USO to S&B once and the USO was a fixed power scope so thats a bit unfair.

Not even close---USO is the way to go at this point.. The Euro makes pricing very ugly for us.. GREAT product--I have 4 PMII's.

I can't speak as to the prices in the US, but I can say that the USO failed the Canadian water test during the trials for the intermediate sniper rifle but the S&B didn't.

The test was the rifle an scope to be immersed in 3' (?) of water for 24hrs (?).

The USO was the original choice, and they also designed the Canadian reticle too. USO changed their spec from waterproof to water resistant.

Now, that being said, the USO was chosen because of it's qaulity.

So, it's either or, because everyone already know's the quality of the S&B.

$$$$

It seems that Camerland at $3059 is perhaps the most economic route to go at this time. I've been tossing it around in my head between the SB 5.5x25, USO SN-3, or the IOR with the 40 mm tube.

Seeing that I already have an USO SN-3 1.8-10x , I'll think that trying the S&B PMII will be the ro;ute to go. Tommorrow I'll order one before they increase in price any more.

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.