Schmidt&bender classic help!!!!

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Cricket, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Cricket

Cricket Well-Known Member

Hi all I am going to buy a s&b classic 3-12-42. I hunt in Saskatchewan 3weeks a year and need a excellent scope shots range from 100-300 yards in low light conditions what do you think about my scope choice I just want duplex reticles also thanks in advance for the help.

2. Zep

Zep Well-Known Member

I don't own one yet but may one day so I have been studying them. To take full advantage of the product I would suggest you take a good look at the reticle choices. Talk to some dealers that sell them. You can also go over to the snipers.hide forum and do some reading and post there. There are more S&B users on that forum.

For what you are doing a better Leupold should be fine. Nightforce would be fine as well. Not sure I would want to be carrying a 4K scope around in the woods.

Please keep us posted.

3. Cricket

I will give you an update I just have to wait until the holidays are over thanks

4. toader

toader Well-Known Member

I own several S&B Klassiks - they are one hell of a scope!!

If you want a hunting scope that is reliable, tough, & has awesome glass, get yourself one!!

Look at the A8 reticle - its a heavy duplex hunting type reticle.

5. Zep

Zep Well-Known Member

toader - I stand corrected I was thinking of and referring to their highly respected Police/Military models.

toader - can you tell us what models you are running.

6. Cricket

Well that's what I was expecting to hear and also glad to hear just wanted to confirm from an owner thanks for your time

7. toader

toader Well-Known Member

Zep:

I am running the 3-12x42 Klassiks - they have been flawless since purchased!!

I have also ran some of the PMII scopes - they are heavy buy again they are top tier!!

8. Gary Kaney

Gary Kaney Well-Known Member

Same here. I have 3 3/12x42's. One i had Darrel Hollands ART Reticle installed. The others are A8. A finer scope you won't find.

9. Chopperguy

Chopperguy Well-Known Member

I have 3 of the 3-12 Klassic models all with the Holland ART reticles in them.

They have accounted for a bunch of game out to 487 yards and as close as 45 yards.

Mine have the click adjustable and zero stop turrets.

The glass is great and very effective in lower light conditions.

Mine have been bullet proof in some pretty rough conditions here in the USA and while hunting in Africa and South America.

I'll be using one in New Zealand in about 4 months and have no doubt they will perform as great as ever.

Can't go wrong with these scopes.

10. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

My comment on 'carrying $$$$ in the woods is, you ride a 10K ATV in the woods, you carry a 4K rifle, expense is entirely th the level of the owner.

Some hunters are at a 4K level. some are at a 20K level, it's all relative. Bottom line is the cull, not the equipment to get you to it.

11. Zep

Zep Well-Known Member

You're right.

12. gcbailey

gcbailey Active Member

I love, love, love S&B scopes. I don't think you will be disappointed with that scope one bit. There are other great scopes out there, but when I think of scopes, I think S&B.

13. Garycrow

Garycrow Well-Known Member

The S&B is an excellent scope for your application, tough as nails and great glass for low light. It's pretty much as good as it gets. The #8 reticle is a good one, it's a duplex type with heavier posts than normal. It shows up well in low light. My personal favorite is the #7 reticle, take a look at it.

That scope sells for around $1800 in the U.S.