Schmidt & bender 5x25x56mm pmii

JOWEL

Would appreciate help on adjusting this scope, have read manual but "in simple" words would be easier hihi
thanks.

Attachments

• IMG00378-20120527-1911.jpg
    IMG00378-20120527-1911.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 92
So once you have the scope bore sighted, loosen the set screws on the turrets. Rotate back to the "zero" marker. Then tighten the screws back down. Zero the scope at whatever distance and repeat.

It's that easy.

Call who ever sold you the scope. They hold be able to talk you through it as well.

I looked up the manual, read the part about making adjustments and it seemed pretty clear to me. There is one thing that might be confusing.

On S&B's web site, the two other 5x25 PMII scopes' pictures have their windage knob marked 1 click = 1/4 MOA which contradicts their data sheet which says click value / 0.1 mrad. The description explains the MTC feature: This feature includes clearly tactile clicks at every tenth click (corresponding to 10 cm/100 m). These three are not the same. Converting each click value to inch fractions per hundred yards ends up as follows:

1 click = 1/4 MOA is .2618 inch

every tenth MTC click and 0.1 mrad = .3600 inch

There's a 37.5% increase per click between tenth MTC and 0.1 mrad compared to 1/4 MOA. I"m surprised S&B would have such contradictions stated about their otherwise fine scope sights.

Is this the part that you need help with?

If I had one, I'd sure want to measure its value per click to see exactly what a click acutally moves the reticule on the target.

The 5-25 comes in multiple variations. MOA or Milradian. The MOA variation comes in 1/4 MOA (the 12-50 comes in 1/8 MOA). Milradian of course will be .1 mil

As for the turrets themselves, there is double turn as well as MTC. MTC will be a cm (.1 mil adjustment)

CCW as well as CW adjustments are available in each configuration. Locking turrets I believe only come in Milradian adjustments with MTC.

I can be confusing to those that don't know the line.

I think what the original post was referring to was how to reset zero once the scope was sighted in.

So once you have the scope bore sighted, loosen the set screws on the turrets. Rotate back to the "zero" marker. Then tighten the screws back down. Zero the scope at whatever distance and repeat.

Forgot to mention to make sure that the MTC indicator is in the down position when you reset the zero . If it is up, you are on your second turn.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.