Schmidt & Bender 16x PMII Scope

gilmillan1

Hello,

I just purchased my first custom made rifle in 300 win mag caliber. The rifle comes with a Schmidt and bender scope. Its the 16x PMII model. I have not seen through this scope yet, because I have not received my gun. However, I was wondering if I should have had gone with the 25x PMII model. I spent a lot of money on that scope and to get the 25x would have been a very minimal amount of money extra. I plan to shoot this rifle maybe at around 1000 yards max. I dont have more than that to shoot it. What do you guys think? Should I sell this scope to get the 25x, or should I keep it?

Thank you

gil

I don't have either, but I've been trying to sort out the same issue. Between the 2 scopes you mentioned, the 4-16 and the 5-25, you lose one power range on the bottom, and gain 9 on the top. Myself I've decided I want the top end. That said I don't think 16 would limit my hunting range given my current capabilities. When the conditions and target size fall into place dial up, and dial it back when they aren't.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.