Schmidt and Bender vs. Nightforce

This Nightforce 3.5X15X50 survived an AK-47 bullet that penetrated completely through the tube. The holes were taped up and the Scope was used for 3 more day, and maintained 1/4 MOA to 500 meters.. Notice where the hole is located and you will know exzctly what the bullet hit on the inside...

NightforceAK-47.jpg

i saw that at shot show. Did you get a chance to look inside that thing? it was so much better then one would think. And just for hoot and holler, what did leupold release at shot show, wasent it a little flashlight? LOL
Now i am curious has anyone got a chance to look through march Glass?

The glass in the nf isn't even close to the s&b and i think it's right on par with the leupold. I think its a stronger scope than the leupold but you pay for it in weight. If you are on the border line with a weight restriction go with leupold as it's a much lighter scope. As for quality control at leupold I just bought 3 new 2008 models and I see no diff in the new ones or the older ones. Just one heck of a scope at a descent american made price.

Nothing Leupold makes is an true American made product. Far from it.

They used to state, "Made right, made here" on their ads in sporting publications and such. There's a reason why don't use that slogan any longer.

Somebody mentioned the March scopes. I have looked through and used one of thier higher fixed power scopes. The glass is excellent and the internals are supposedly very tough. Do they make a variable that would be suitable for hunting purposes? Say for istance a 6-20? 4-14?

I have a bunch of different scopes right now. My favorite is the zeiss victory. I hate the cmhm adjustments, but finally figured out how to make the ajustments to exbal to make it useful. Now if I could just get used to the adjustments to the scope being backwards all would be good.

Might try the US Optics stuff... All made here and as good as it gets. I have a few VMV's and they are IMHO a little under the USO as far as resolution goes but that is just me. Do some research and see what you think.

How does the NXS glass compare to Mark 4 glass at the top of the power range? I am looking at 8-32NXS and 8-25 Mark 4...say both at 25x cause I know you cant compare 25x to 32x.

I have 1 S&B 3-12x50 PMII LR and a couple of Leupolds, but I have looked through a NF.

The S&B is by far the better scope but the NF is better than the Leupolds which are quite close to the NF.

Personally, I don't think that it makes a hill of beans which one you choose - S&B or NF.

Most times it doesn't matter, but in certain lighting conditions I can see my target much clearer and define an exact aim point with my S&B than any other sope that I own and that includes the NXS's

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts