Scared breach

C.E.G2860

I have a 7.82 lazzeroni WarBird with a scared breach. I want to know if anybody knows if I can get it buffed out, or what can I have done. The gun shoots good but it just started cracking the case at the base. It don't show any signs of high pressure like blowing out around the primer or a flat cratered primer.

moz-screenshot.png

I have a 7.82 lazzeroni WarBird with a scared breach. I want to know if anybody knows if I can get it buffed out, or what can I have done. The gun shoots good but it just started cracking the case at the base. It don't show any signs of high pressure like blowing out around the primer or a flat cratered primer.

moz-screenshot.png

How many firings do you have on the brass ?

If it is at the base of the body, it sounds like case head separation and this is very bad. So
shoot a couple of new reloads or factory rounds and see if the problem still exist. If so dont
shoot it untill a gun smith can check it out.

J E CUSTOM

If you are getting case head seperations you may be resizing your brass to much. The shoulder only needs to be set back .001 to .002. Any more than that may lead to problems. Happened to me once with a .223. I had set the die up incorrectly and on the second firing the cases would seperate just above the casehead.

John

I'm hoping that is what the problem is because I just shot some new brass and it didn't look bad. There was still some marks but I resided the new brass too. I will double check the shoulder length to be sure.
Thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.