• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SCAM ALERT

Status
Not open for further replies.
397A8203-2FBF-4533-9817-A750C5FF9EDA.pngGot one from him here and on Snipers Hide.

Pretty obvious but wanted to let you know my experience with him. Joined today and replied to my wtb ad with a "contact so and so, he has one". There seems to be more and more of this going on as we get closer to the holidays. Just be aware. Ask for a phone number, more pictures or whatever you have to do to settle your nerve in the transaction. I know some guys get squirmy when asked for a phone number but it looks like that's what it's going to take for some of the less known people to buy, sell or trade. I've let a few good deals get by my being cautious but I felt better saving my money for the next one to come up than getting ripped in the end.Good luck and stay safe!
My experience from today..
View attachment 218797
This same guy tried to tell me to contact that same email address in response to my ad for 7mm SS dies wanted.

Pretty obvious but wanted to let you know my experience with him. Joined today and replied to my wtb ad with a "contact so and so, he has one". There seems to be more and more of this going on as we get closer to the holidays. Just be aware. Ask for a phone number, more pictures or whatever you have to do to settle your nerve in the transaction. I know some guys get squirmy when asked for a phone number but it looks like that's what it's going to take for some of the less known people to buy, sell or trade. I've let a few good deals get by my being cautious but I felt better saving my money for the next one to come up than getting ripped in the end.Good luck and stay safe!
My experience from today..
View attachment 218797
Seems like anybody that's reputable would supply a phone number!

I got the same thing on a wtb add. Just left it alone since I had already seen this post

A phone call goes a long way. If they won't talk on the phone ( not texting, an actual conversation) it's a bad idea to proceed. It's not fool proof by any means, but a good way to start, if that can't happen, there's no need to look into anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts