Saying Hi

Gumberc563

Hey all,
I am semiretired from the Army. After 16 years and a few deployments I became to broken to be of use to the Army so they showed me the door. I have been slowly getting back into firearms since then. I am a full time student at Middle Tennessee State University, majoring in Business administration. I am also going through AGI to be a certified gunsmith, relax, I am also working (does it count as working if you are not paid, but volunteering your time?) as an apprentice to an actual gunsmith so I get the hands on skills as well.
I have been married for 20 years last November. We have two wonderful kids who are mostly interested in the outdoors (if we can pry them off of the digital devices).
Sadly I have not been hunting since about 2003, so if anyone near me wants to help me out with getting back into that I would greatly appreciate it (if not no worries).
If you have questions I will do my best to answer them. Do not be offended if I do not answer certain questions or if some of my answers are a bit vague.

Welcome to the site! Thank you for your service to this country. I wish I could say I'm surprised at how you were dismissed from the military, but sadly our gubment has fallen the way of corporatized big businesses. They use you til they have no use for you. It's great that you are persuing a craft as a gunsmith. I have alot of respect for those with the patience, skill and attention to detail necessary to build quality firearms. You'll find alot of exceptional information from members on this site, so don't hesitate to post questions or contribute tips and advice of your own discovery. Great to have you with us. God Bless you and your family and thank you again!

Welcome to the site. This place is full of good people with a lot of knowledge!

Thank you very much for your service!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.