SAVAGE!!!

jbubb

Well things change again!!! Today, I put my hands on both the Savage 112BVSS, and the Rem Sendaro. You can't tell me that the rem is worth almost worth 4oo$ more! With the accutrigger no smithing needed, can tune myself down to 2 lbs. The lug is already glass bedded, and the workman ship on that savage was top notch. I looked at every inch and it was NICE! I also like the extra room in the barrle channel in the savage,plus the plam swells. So my "first"long range rig it will be the 112bvss in 300win. Should be in be next week. Can't wait to send some down range.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ 02-05-2004: Message edited by: jbubb ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>jbubb,
you cannt go wrong with the savage
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll 2nd that

My savage 112bvss is on her way it will be hear Tuesday. Now Im looking at optic choices that wont brake the bank but give me enought up moa to get out there. Probably a lupy long range in 8.5x25.50? Any other thoughts would help.

OK.. I guess I get the "devil's advocate" position, again..
grin.gif

.. Maybe pricing is screwed up around here but the price difference in a comparable Remington and a Savage is usually only around $100 or so at the gunshows.. Before anyone gets their undies in a wad I'm not saying anything negative about Savage or Remington.. But being a soul of sufficient flakiness to have re-sale value as a serious consideration I've had to opt for the Remington..
.. That said the newer Savage's are a real temptation to the terminally flaky for reasons of modularity.. Plus the trigger issue was the last "Achilles heel" Savage had to surmount as an "out-of-the-box entity".. As far as fit, finish and functionality go there was an article in The Varmint Hunter magazine a while back about fixing the shortcomings of the factory Savage offering.. But heck, if it ain't broke don't fix it..!!
.. Congratulations on your new purchase and I look forward to hearing about your progress.. d:^) JiNC

Jake as far as price the $100 difference? I got my savage for $556 out the door, I have not seen a NEW Rem sendaro for under around 900! (even at gun shows!) I will say you might be right on the resale thing with the rem over the savage. But if it shoots good she ain't leaven if you know what I mean!
grin.gif
Plus I can get another bolt and barrle in another caliber and to me that leaves the rem dead in the durt! Savage all the way. As soon as I get my optics I'll let you now how she groups.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited by: jbubb ]

.. Your pricing is about the same as I usually run into with the Savages.. But the Remington example sound like pure MSR.. Heck, I've got a 7Mag Sendero on the block that's been "fixed" (bedded,trigger,brake) for $550.!! Most Sendero type rifles I see at the shows are right around $650 or so new..
.. I'm off to the club for some creative plinking.. Cy'all inna few days.. d:^) JiNC

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.