• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage Target Action (FTR) .308 Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorbird

Savage Target Action (FTR) .308 Barreled Action

This is one of those rather not sell ads, but I have to sell a few things to pay for a couple really nice new things. This is a Savage F/TR (Target Action w/extra light accutrigger) Barreled Action in .308. The barrel is 30" It has about 400 rounds through it. It is a very accurate combo. I have used one load in it,and never bothered to try anything else since it has shot lights out with RL15, unsorted 168 SMKs, and the same Federal Prepped Match Brass that I started with. I have Lapua brass just sitting on the shelf that I have never even broken out. It is virtually a one ragged hole set up in the F-Class stock I had it in at 100 yards. I have shot right around 1.250 groups at 300 with it a number of times, and I think it is capable of 1" groups. I do not want to separate the barrel from the action. So, preference goes to the person who buys the combo. Shame to break it up. If I do that I will probably keep the barrel for myself. Comes with screws, trigger guard and trigger adjustment tool.

$725 Shipped to the lower 48. More for elsewhere.

Posted on other forums.

[email protected]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is the barrel a factory savage barrel? What twist and contour?

Has the barreled action been accurized or a precision ground recoil lug installed?

What muzzle velocities where you getting with the 168's out of the 30" tube?

Thanks.

Forgot to ask; Can the action use a DBM system or is it a single action. Hard to tell from the one picture if the bottom of the action is inletted for an internal mag assembly or if bottom metal could be used.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts