Savage Striker Stock?

mudygmc

Hey guys im looking for a striker stock. Mine is a 516 don't know if there are any issues with other models fitting so. I have been acquiring a few barrels for the pistol. A couple I have are varmint contour. I have 3 factory contour so I was hoping to not have to open up the stock I have. I have done a bunch of looking with very slim results. Curious if there is anybody that makes stocks for them anymore? Or if somebody had one they wanted to part with. Im open to any suggestions you'd have.

Thanks,
Adam

Joel Russo makes wood stocks and I highly recommend him. I'm pretty confident that he makes a mid-grip style stock that will work for the Strikers.

If you're looking for a chassis style stock you can look at ARS. I haven't used one of these but I know of folks who think very highly of them.
http://www.accurateriflesystems.com/pistol-chassis/

It's hard to find take off Striker stocks and there aren't a lot of aftermarket options for the mid-grip style stocks. Both of my mid-grip Strikers have varmint contour barrels on them and I just opened up the factory stocks. If you're willing to convert the gun to a rear grip configuration you have a few more options.

I thought I read someplace Joel wasnt doing striker stocks anymore. Looks like opening a factory stock is what i will end up doing. I have leads on a couple factory options. Just havent jumped on them yet. Hoping something would turn up.

Adam

Thanks for the referral yorke-1, but Adam is correct, I'm not making the handgun stocks any longer.
I get emails weekly from guys looking for them, and unfortunately, I don't know if anyone to refer to.

Thanks for the referral yorke-1, but Adam is correct, I'm not making the handgun stocks any longer.
I get emails weekly from guys looking for them, and unfortunately, I don't know if anyone to refer to.

Well nuts, I had the great idea to build second SP in 416 CT Improved to match the 338 SnipeTac I have in one of your bubinga pistol stocks!

Well, if you want to retain the savage sporter contour barrels, the striker stock is fine.

I have a modded striker stocks in camo available. I also have a laminated rosewood stock for HV contour barrels.

Working on an alloy stock in development. available real soon.

Or I can make you a deal on a package deal of complete custom striker with 2 stocks, 3 barrels and a bunch of accessories in a hard case. If interested, contact me.

I can also take your striker stock in trade, or mod it, or make you a custom stock.

Contact me via email if any of these ring a bell.

Larry
modded striker in real tree camo.jpg rosewood laminate and carbon fiber.jpg

Well, if you want to retain the savage sporter contour barrels, the striker stock is fine.

I have a modded striker stocks in camo available. I also have a laminated rosewood stock for HV contour barrels.

Or I can make you a deal on a package deal of complete custom striker with 2 stocks, 3 barrels and a bunch of accessories in a hard case. If interested, contact me.

I can also take your striker stock in trade, or mod it, or make you a custom stock.

Larry
View attachment 143422 View attachment 143423

I appreciate it. I did end up,just buying another striker. Wasn't much more than most stocks I found. I will just open up one of them.

Adam

Larry
View attachment 143422 View attachment 143423
Are these still available

At the risk of pre-announcing too much, I have working for me someone with over 20 years experience designing and manufacturing composite stocks for a local company (that imploded after the founder's death). My intent is to launch a new stock company.

We've been laying groundwork designing a portfolio, building moulds and prototype stocks using fiberglass, carbon fiber, Kevlar and another blend of material that to our knowledge, nobody else has yet explored. I'm also moving my guy away from relying on inletting moulds towards using a HAAS vertical mill to do the inletting; I bought a HAAS VF-2 specifically for this purpose.

We already have an XP-100 stock in our portfolio and I would be interested in producing some for the Savage Striker. If anyone is interested in working with me, I hold an FFL 07 and would enjoy a chat around building a custom stock designed for your Striker.

- Randy

I wish you good fortune.

I worked with Joel to design some thumbhole and non thumbhole mid grip striker stocks.

I have modded Striker stocks for both hunting and benchrest.

I have made stocks from anything from laminate to exotic royal walnut.

I even made a prototype alloy chassis for drop in use.

And I am not venturing anymore. In fact, I am selling off all remaining inventory and guns at well below my investment.

My you have more success than I.

Larry
Tinkerer

Are these still available

Kirk,

I hope I answered you. If you're still looking, contact me for sell oit prices on remaining materials.

At the risk of pre-announcing too much, I have working for me someone with over 20 years experience designing and manufacturing composite stocks for a local company (that imploded after the founder's death). My intent is to launch a new stock company.

We've been laying groundwork designing a portfolio, building moulds and prototype stocks using fiberglass, carbon fiber, Kevlar and another blend of material that to our knowledge, nobody else has yet explored. I'm also moving my guy away from relying on inletting moulds towards using a HAAS vertical mill to do the inletting; I bought a HAAS VF-2 specifically for this purpose.

We already have an XP-100 stock in our portfolio and I would be interested in producing some for the Savage Striker. If anyone is interested in working with me, I hold an FFL 07 and would enjoy a chat around building a custom stock designed for your Striker.

- Randy

Let us know when you get rolling

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.