savage stocks

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by yobuck, Aug 2, 2009.

1. yobuck

yobuck Well-Known Member

i have a savage 112 in 223 that i aquired used. its a decent shooter, but the stock is not to my liking. a custom stock would be more than the gun cost, so im looking for options. im told there are replacement stocks, but i havent found any. id like something with a wider forend, and preferably laminated. thanks.

2. flyin lizard

flyin lizard Well-Known Member

I just put a Bell and Carlson Varmint / Tac. medalist on mine and it is real nice. The only problem is the wait for it, 6 to 8 weeks. P.O.A. changed slightly but that was a simple elev. adj. then I shot three touching, the gun is a sav. 12 fv. 22-250..Installation was drop right in..gun)

3. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Just because the gun was cheap doesn't mean you can't upgrade it! The cheaper options are:

Stockade
    Bell & Carlson
    SSS (Savage Shooters Supply? Savage Sharp Shooters? Who knows, google it)

More expensive options

Manners
    McMillan
    Mcree Precision

4. foreign

foreign Well-Known Member

if ur not 100% on laminate u could take a look at choate too. i have a choate tactical. havent put it on yet but it feels nice i think . quite heavy though. but mines going to be a varmit rig anyway

5. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Give me a call Ernie.

6. rdmega

rdmega Active Member

I have been thinking of the Choate too. I have one of the Stockade tac models, it is amazing. Bell and Carlson are much cheaper but dealing with Kevin Rayhill at Stockade is a treat. He is a savage fan with a lot of knowledge. I reccomend them if you have the money, I think mine was only around $250 if you finish it yourself. PM your email for pics