Savage stock question

gonehuntin

Hello everyone. I have a mid 80's vintage 110e in 243 that apparently has an oddball action length. The measurement between the action screws is a little more than 4.5 inches. The stock is one of the so-called "inletted 2 x 4's." I am looking for an aftermarket stock. Anybody know of one that would fit this oddball? I would prefer synthetic with aluminum pillars. Thanks.
gonehuntin

GH,

you have a savage "J" action, 4.522" between the holes. This action was discontinued in 88 I believe. Will be hard to find a prefit, you may have to look at a custom stock maker, unless you are the handyman type in which case you can bed one that isn't inletted.

Jeff

If your hell bent on a synthetic stock then give Kevin Rayhill a call (308-432-5114) he is the guy that makes the stocks for "Sharp Shooters Supply" and are on par with any other stock out their including McMillan and H.S. Kevin specializes in Savages and I'm almost certain that he will have that action in his CNC thats used to make the aluminum bedding block. I think that he has a web site now days you might try a search for "stockade gunstocks"

Now if you don't mind doing a little bit of finishing work on a fine Laminated stock Joel Russo makes some realy nice styles in a bunch of colors and all you have to do is send him your stock and he can match the inlet.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.