savage stock question

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by bthomasb1, Dec 3, 2012.

1. bthomasb1

bthomasb1 Active Member

I have been hearing a lot of talk about people tricking out there savages, does anyone make a good synthetic stock for them for a factory replacement with a sporter barrel that doesnt cost more than the gun,I talked to Bell& Carlson and they said they didnt because if constant design changes.Thanks

2. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

Stockade in a Money-Saver is the best Savage stock for the $$.

3. bthomasb1

bthomasb1 Active Member

Thanks ,I'll look it up.:)

4. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

I believe Kelly MacMillan has them too, but I have no idea of the cost though I'm going to get one soon.

5. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

B&C makes a Medalist sporter, the Stockade is a good choice though.

6. bogger01

bogger01 Well-Known Member

check out stockys stocks.they have a good selection o stocks.you could look at the b&c carbelite.gun)

7. gillettehunter

gillettehunter Well-Known Member

Last Fri. My wife and I were treated to a tour of the HS Precision factory in Rapid City. They are building stocks for the Savages. Full length aluminum bedding blocks. Looks like a good product to me. Likely contribute to a accurate rifle. Bruce

8. backwoods83

backwoods83 Well-Known Member

Bell and Carlson does make a cheap replacement, the Duramaxx, they have them for long and short actions, factory or heavy barrel. And they say they don't work with centerfeed mags, but the inletting for the magizine bracket takes 2 minutes.