Savage Stock! Need Help.

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by tommyc279, Dec 1, 2011.

1. tommyc279

tommyc279 Well-Known Member

I have a Savage 10 predator hunter max. The rifle has the new accu-stock, and it shoots amazing. I can no longer stand the cheap stock that is on the rifle. Everyone points me in the direction of shooter supply, hs precision, and on and on. I am looking for a Stock or chassis that can fit my rifle. This rifle has the removable mag and the bolt removal on the trigger guard. There has to be someone making a target/tactical for this rifle. Please help or build me one... lol Thanks again guys

2. CRNA

CRNA Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I am thinking of a Macmillan stock.

3. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Stockade stocks. Kevin Rayhill is the owner and specializes in stocks for Savage/Stevens rifles. They are affordable and really nice. Cousin has one with the target action in it. I would highly recommend him.

Tank

4. CRNA

CRNA Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about those Stockade stocks. Just never seen/handled one in person.

5. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

Check out Manners Stocks.

6. joe0121

joe0121 Well-Known Member

LOOOONG wait. I have mine ordered and it's about a 4 month wait. I got a prairie dog with his bottom metal to take AI Mags for $509 That is really reasonable. Guy is super cool to talk to over the phone.

7. joe0121

Well in a few months I'll be able to tell you first hand how they are.

8. rem.xp100

rem.xp100 Active Member

I can vouch for the Stockades, I've done probably 10-12 builds using them. Never a problem, customers have been very happy with them. They shoot well and are very stiff in the forend.

I guess if I had to find a complaint it would only be with the one I bought already finished and he painted the entire stock - meaning I had to remove the paint (quite thick) out of the receiver region before bedding.

Overall, I like them a lot.

Dan

____

Darkeagle Custom, Inc.

"Any inanimate object will just sit there until a person picks it up.
    What they do with it depends on what kind of respect they've been taught for human life"

9. shooterpunk2

shooterpunk2 Well-Known Member

I had a stockade prairie dog stock and it was really nice. The quality was really good, it was real stiff, but I just didn't like how it felt like a hard shell that was hollow inside(it's not hollow). I switched to a McMillan and absolutely love it. It cost more but to me it feels so much better, like it's solid throughout.

Like I said though the stockade was really a great stock, I'm thinking about one for a sporter weight savage.

10. ofdscooby

ofdscooby Well-Known Member

Heres my first Stockade stock and I love it. This one was painted by them but you can get one for under $200 and finish it yourself which is what I'm going to do with the one I have on order. Also they are very left hand friendly.

Attached Files:

11. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

This is a long action 7WSM built from a $180 Stevens 200. It's bedded into a Stockade Pdog/ Tactical. The bottom metal uses an AI 300 Win Magazine and feeds and functions flawlessly.

[​IMG]

12. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

That's sweet. How's she shoot? Is that his bottom metal?

13. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yes, the bottom metal came from Kevin. I think it's a great option for the center feed savages. So far it shoots great.

14. joe0121

Man I cant wait for mine. Next year I might be building a .338 and I'll use him again.