• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage/Stevens Custom .260 Rem

olsingleshot

Stevens 200 action
Lothar Walthar 28" SS barrel, 1-8 twist, heavy varmint
Choate Ultimate Varmint stock
Rifle Basix trigger 1 lb.
Warne bases
40 round shot count
Built for news paper article
$750 plus shipping PRICE REDUCED TO $675.00
FFL required
Email: [email protected] for pic
SOLD

Last edited:
what kind of accuracy is the rifle worthy of, shooting the 142smk's or 139 Lapua's? Can u post some pics of targets at X ranges?
-Pic of rifle would help the sale for you too...Any extra's (recoil lug, bolt handle, any trueing done to rifle action??) trying to help out.

Good Luck...hope to see how it looks

-tbeasley

Thanks for the the suggestions. It is exactly the way it is described. It was built with an as new action for a "how to article" for a newspaper. With a 40 round (total) shot count the accuaracy with 139gr Lapua was less than 1/2" at 100 yards. I believe it can do a lot better. The trigger is set to 1 lb.I will say the LW barrel is the easiest to clean I have ever used. For pic email me at [email protected].

There is no link for the article but can eamil you a copy. It does not go into great detail. This rifle is like new but I have other projects to finance. Make an offer if you are interested.

I would love to see the article. You have my email address. It appears you are eager for someone to make an offer on your rifle but with all due respect, you may want to answer some of the original questions from earlier posters. What can you tell us about any action trueing, the recoil lug, lapping, trigger work, or any other work that went into this rifle? Once again please, WHO built the rifle? What specific steps did they take when they built it?

I have bought and sold quite a few firearms online and can tell you from experience that most people want to see several pics and the details of the build before they will even consider making an offer.

Respectfully,

Doug

Last edited:
Doug,
The action is factory. The trigger is a Rifle Basix set to 1 lb. The work was done by me. I have built several Savage or Stevens based rifles. As you should know since there has only been 40 rounds through the rifle, true accuracy capability has not been reached. It did shoot less than 1/2 inch groups with 139 grain Lapuas. As stated before it is a like new rifle built with the listed parts and shoots well. I did this for an article so people could see they too could buid a long distance rifle themselves.

We need to have the old posts locked lightbulb once the items are sold like it is done on Archery Talk!

It would also help if there was a date limit on the "similar post" llsted at the bottom.