• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage short action stock

Floundertrap

Before I buy a Richards Microfit for my savage 12, top release, small shank 270 WSM project, does anybody out there have a stock they'd sell? Looking for wood with blind mag but if you have bottom metal with stock or a nice composite, maybe? Whadya got?

Why not just buy a Boyd's, Stocky's, or go to Ebay, Numrich, savageshooters.com for a take-off Savage. Way less work than a "Microfit".

Why not just buy a Boyd's, Stocky's, or go to Ebay, Numrich, savageshooters.com for a take-off Savage. Way less work than a "Microfit".

wbm, that is something I have considered at length. I like the looks of a real wood stock with a traditional shape (for this build), and if I am going to shell out $2-300 on an aftermarket stock, that's what I have decided to go with. the boyds and stockys laminates would work fine, I'm sure, but I like a well-contoured barrel channel and gap, a deep, high-gloss tung oil finish, and a good hunk of wood. If I go with a microfit it'll be AA Maple. Those Super Grades have me needing some maple in my safe. My search here was to see what was out there (maybe for a deal), apparently not much.

Are you interested in an Model 10 OEM? I've got one with bottom metal and magazine, but its bottom bolt release(not sure if they are compatible, I've read where you can change bottom release to top, not sure if it goes the other way)