Savage screw on barrel system -- 6mm br

cbaker

Has anyone used the savage screw on barrel system to build a 6mm br? If so, is it easy? Provide an accurate gun? What barrel did you use and what do you suggest. Thinking about a 6mmbr with a PacNor Pre fit barrel. Thanks.

All of my custom rifles are built on savage actions. They all shoot much better than me. My 22 BR would shoot 2 inch groups at 500 yards when the shooter and the elements were right. All my custom savages shoot very well. I got a pre chambered barrel from pac-nor and had bad expercience with gunsmithing. First they threaded the wrong size threads, then I fixed that and the chamber was so tight you can't chamber brass. I am waiting to rechamber the barrel. They tried to make good on it and gave me $50 back for the threading mistake. From what I heard they are a good barrel for the money. The savage rifle system will shoot as good as anything out their, and their are many quality stocks triggers and other accessorys. I would have a local smith chamber a barrel for you or get a noted gunsmith like kirby allen to do it. I tried every savage gunsmith in the country to chamber barrels for me with less than favorable results from them. Get a good smith to do it for you and don't look back. Thanks Reed

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.