Savage Scope Base, Keep It or Buy a New One?

RugerHawg413

I have recently bought a Savage 10 FLCP-SR, and it came with a scope base. The scope base is a 20 MOA, and I will not be shooting over 400 maybe once or twice over 500 yards. And I do not know how well it is made? If anyone has had one of these or have read about them, please comment. Also comment on if you think that I should use it or buy a new one.? Thanks for all info and knowledge!

Personally, I would keep it. If you start getting weird issues with point of impact or something crazy like that then I would change it out. I don't think it will be any worse or better than the average run of the mill scope bases a lot of people successfully use.

Personally, I would keep it. If you start getting weird issues with point of impact or something crazy like that then I would change it out. I don't think it will be any worse or better than the average run of the mill scope bases a lot of people successfully use.

Agreed! It never hurt to bed it either.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.