Savage model 93 22wmr report!

Savagebien

I took my 22 mag savage out today to get it sighted in for squirrels, and i ended up having to move the scope back, because for some reason it had slid forward and the front mount was sliding off the rail.... sux BUT I got it sighted in and shot a pretty decent group, considering i had never shot a group to seee how good i could do but i was pleased. Two of the shots were touching and there was maybe at vertical spread of 2 inches and horizontal of and inch or so, i'll try to post a pic of the target, this was shot at 50 yards. I think the gun was probably capable of more of a group but it was my first time trying to group a rifle, so i was pleased!

Rings

Ive seen lots of 22s with scope that move. Junky $6 rings. Even had my friends 10/22 scope fall completely off the rear base while shooting. When I told him what rings to get he said they were to expensive, and still complains about his crappy rings that always slip and buggered up screws. Go figure. The last 4 grooved guns Ive scope I have put BKL rings, I really like the unitized scope mount and the 1" wide double strap rings. Lots of clamping surface, never had one move even on my 22mag.

I took a groundhog at 30 yds and a whitetail at 55 yds with the .22 wmr 93 fv .Head shot on the whitetail and dropped on the spot.I was using a nuisance tag in the city and had to use a small gun .Very accurate for a factory round.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.