savage model 12 lpv 300wsm

tim300mag

i just picked up my new 12 low profile 300 wsm im gonna break her in on sundaygun) i picked up 3 boxes of federal premium for 25 a box at biekirchs what a deal! i was wodering if anyone has experience with one of these its my first savage

I'm shooting a 270 WSM in a 12fvss and love it :D I swapped out the stock and that really helped. I really like the low profile stock, my buddy shoots one in a 22-250 and it is a tack driver and it has never been bedded or anything. He's wanting a 300WSM in the low profile to go with his 22-250.
Good luck gun)

I looked at a Burris XTR 6-24x50 and fondled it and was really impressed with the glass and the covered turrets, the target turrets were really tactile and positive.
Like you said, gotta save some coin.
If you hang around here to long that 3-9 won't last long.gun)

I have a 300wsm in a mod.11 savage and with a cold barrel for each shot it groups very well. It has the skinny barrel so it heats up fast and groups do suffer. Will most likely re-barrel and bed it this winter, but my model 12 fv in 22-250 is a tack driver, 1 inch at 400 yds. 3 shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.