Savage Model 10

Standbanger

I just picked up a Savage Model 10 in 6.5 CM went to the range to sight in and work towards getting aquainted with scope. I fired 8 shots and the rifle will not fire trigger acts hung sometimes and bolt does not seem to cock. What do you think could be the problem?

I just picked up a Savage Model 10 in 6.5 CM went to the range to sight in and work towards getting aquainted with scope. I fired 8 shots and the rifle will not fire trigger acts hung sometimes and bolt does not seem to cock. What do you think could be the problem?

If it has an accutrigger it is set to light and the sear is not staying engauged. Adjust your accutrigger rear spring and I'll bet it will stay cocked. Now, if you want it the bolt lift lightened you need to get it Trued and Timed and add a bolt lift kit to it.
Nat Lambeth

If it has an accutrigger it is set to light and the sear is not staying engauged. Adjust your accutrigger rear spring and I'll bet it will stay cocked. Now, if you want it the bolt lift lightened you need to get it Trued and Timed and add a bolt lift kit to it.
Nat Lambeth

Thanks for the response

Rustystud is one of the best, if not the best go to guy for Savage T&T jobs, among other Savage related work.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.