savage model 10,what bullet for coyotes?

Samzjeep

Hey there....I'm new here....acutally this is my first post. Anyway, my son and I are going coyote hunting next week (first time for me in over twenty years and this is my son's first coyote hunt). He has a Savage Model 10 243. We're wondering what is a decent factory bullet to use for coyotes? We'd obviously like to keep the hide, but also understand that this rifle my cause some damage to it. Is there something we can use to minimize the damage? We'll be shooting in pretty open areas out here is Arizona. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.....

Great way to spend the day with the boy!

Definitely go with the 58 grain Hornaday ammo. I reload this bullet and have good results when placed well. Good luck!

Hey thanks for the info! I'll go pick some up today so he can shoot some rounds and rezero with them. Any luck, he'll have a coyote next week! Thanks again....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.